2019-2020 Buffalo Regals Girls 8U Elite Development Team
Season Outline and Information
TUESDAY, MARCH 26th @ 5:00 PM
WEDNESDAY, MARCH 27th @ 5:30 PM
Program Goals: Hockey development and personal development (camaraderie, teammates). This team is for players looking for additional ice time and player development beyond house league.
Prerequisites: Player must be in the Buffalo Regals organization (ex: Mini-Mite (6U) / Mite House (8U) league) to be considered for the Girls 8U Elite Development Team
Head Coach: Tom Occhino (C: 804-651-2337)
Asst Coaches: Crystal Brocato, TBD#1, TBD#2
Team Manager: Joe Polniak (C: 315-323-3646)
Team Size: Min of 12, Max of 18 girls, final roster to be determined by Coach Occhino
League: Regals Mini-Mite (6U)/Mite House (8U) League
Tryouts: Last weekend of March 2019
Summer: Target 6 team practices (May, June, July – 1 each, August – 3, subject to change). Players are encouraged to skate as needed over the summer (weekly skates, camps, etc). Children are also encouraged to play another sport over the summer.
- Mini-Mite/Mite Schedule (Saturday & Sunday mornings - 2 skates/week) – The team will be divided into 2 separate squads, one for the mini-mite division and one for the mite division. The older (7 and 8 year olds) and more experienced girls will be in the Mite division. The remainder of each team will be backfilled with boys from the same division.
- Coach Occhino will oversee the Mite team practices and games
- Coach TBD will oversee the Mini-mite team practices and games
- Combined 8U Development Team Schedule
- Target of 1 practice per week of the combined 8U Elite Development team
- Coach Occhino will oversee the combined practices with other coaches assisting for an approximate TBD-1 player-to-coach ratio.
- 6 dry-lands (TBD, Location TBD)
- Once the other local teams begin their seasons we will seek to have scrimmages where the Regals House League permits